Friday, April 4, 2014

March Faves!!

Heya again!

Whoa, I'm not late for this month's favorites! *pats self on the back*
Hurr we go..

10. Back in the Saddle - Aerosmith

Heard this one in Supernatural and I've just been listening to it for some reason XD I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan but this song's pretty cool. So yep.

9. Sample in a Jar - Phish

Ah, Phish, always Phish on the list. XD I've been playing a little guitar so this was one of the songs I played chords along with for shits and giggles.
But guysguysguysss
I'M GOING TO SEE PHISH THIS SUMMER
LIKE LIVE IN CONCERT
OH MY GOD I SCREAMED AND RAN AROUND THE HOUSE WHEN I FOUND OUT
I CAN'T WAIT IT'S BEEN ON MY BUCKET LIST TO SEE THEM.

8. Celestial Elixir - Haken

Creepy story about this one. I don't even really listen to Haken, and I still don't know where this came from.
It was maybe 11pm and I was just browsing le YouTubes and then I went to go to the bathroom (I didn't leave any videos playing or anything, it was just on the YT home page). And when I came out I heard some music playing. I walked back into my room and it's completely dark and this song was playing and I saw the freakin' album cover and practically peed myself and I just

 
WHAT THE HELL
But actually I ended up listening to the whole song and I kinda like it so yeah this whole story is just really disturbing though because my mom and brother were both asleep at the time so I have no idea how it happened.

7. In the Backseat - Arcade Fire

(On a completely different genre..)
Wow, this song is so beautiful. The cello, the vocals... just wow. With reluctance I'll admit that I didn't love this song the first time I heard it, and sort of forgot about it. But I was going through all of the MP3s that sort of pile up on my computer and I listened to it and it took my breath away. I love the strings and chord progression, and pretty much everything about the song.

6. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

A late addition to the list, I had to listen to this song a couple times for it to grow on me, but it's really cool and catchy. I should really listen to more of the AM, they seem like a pretty cool band, and from what I've heard I like them. Crying Lightning is another favorite.

5. The Becoming - Nine Inch Nails

I may or may not have put this song in last month's favorites, I don't care, because I've still been listening to it all the time. I like that it's in 7/8, how very technical of them xD.

4. Reflektor - Arcade Fire

When Reflektor first came out I was kind of indifferent about it, I think I probably only listened to it once. But I've been on an Arcade Fire kick recently so I re-listened to it and I'm like "Oh, this is actually an awesome song!". Not much else to say about it, really. Just a really cool, trippy tune.

3. Shine - Collective Soul

You know when you've heard a song on the radio a bunch of times and you like it but you don't know who it's by, and then one day you find out and you're just like "OHHHHHHhhh okay." XD Yeah, that's this song. I was reading a Supernatural fanfic and Castiel asked Dean what was the "gospel song I like about holy guidance?" I don't know how Dean got Collective Soul out of gospel and "holy guidance", but yeah, he said this song. So I found a Collective Soul CD in the basement and I listened to this song and I'm like WHOA WAIT A SEC I LOVE THIS SONG XD So now I know.

2. Closer - Nine Inch Nails

I know, such a vulgar song, don't judge me. NIN is one of those "I listen to them because they're catchy" kind of bands for me. Some of their songs I love, some I can't stand. This is one of the ones I really like, even though the lyrics are.. overly blunt xD.

1. Senses Working Overtime - XTC

My music teacher Duane showed me this song (they're doing it in the 80's Alternative show in SoR)
and I instantly loved it. This is one of those bands that's absolutely brilliant and yet never hits it big. A damn shame, too. Yes, they are very strange. But so are plenty of other famous bands (Talking Heads, Arcade Fire, etc.). These guys deserve way more recognition!

Rock on!
~Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment