Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Do What Makes You Happy.

I'm working on a Polyvore post on this, so I thought I'd do a full-length blog post about it.

This topic was inspired by a YouTube video I watched called Smile by one of my favorite YouTubers, Cherry Wallis. I'll put the video below.


Personally I think this video is really inspiring. I mean, there are a lot of other videos like this. It's just something we all kind of go "yeah, I know." and forget about, when really, this is more important than we might think.

Not to be morbid, but you could die anytime. Would you be happy with your life if you died today? Have you been doing the most you can to be happy?

So many of us spend so much time worrying about what others think of us that we stop worrying about what we think of ourselves. And this doesn't just apply to teenagers. I've learned that this doesn't stop when you become an adult; the contest to have the most impressive life continues. I think that that's really sad, man.
There is always, always going to be people who judge you in this world. It's what people do. Your friends will judge you, your family will judge, your neighbors, classmates.. whatever. It doesn't mean you need to shape yourself into who they want you to be. The only person you should be trying to be is yourself.

So whether it's coming out that you're gay, making the decision not to go to college, telling a person that you like them more than a friend or just being afraid to pursue an ambition, try not to worry so much about how everyone around you is going to react to it. If it's what you think is best for you, go for it.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment