Monday, June 9, 2014

May Favorites

Hello my peeps,
So a lot has happened in these past few weeks! I'd also like to say that there's a good chance I won't be posting nearly as much (if at all) this summer, and same goes for my Polyvore if you follow me on there. I do this with all of my blogs, it's just how I am. I don't like to be sitting around inside on the computer when I can be outside making the best of the warm weather, you know?

But hey, let's get into the May faves!!

10. Careful - Guster

Possible new favorite Guster song??
I hung out with my best friend this weekend for her birthday, which is today, by the way! Happy birthday Soph! Ily <3

9. Kodachrome - Paul Simon

Okay there are several reasons why this song is amazing.
It's super catchy and fun and silly, but can we just take a moment to appreciate these lyrics:

"When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school
it's a wonder I can think at all,
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall."

8. Bust Your Knee Caps - Pomplamoose

Pomplamoose is a band I discovered on YouTube. They aren't mainstream, but they have some really cute, fun songs. This one's my favorite!

7. Ænema - Tool

Because Tool is amazing. That is all.

6. Bulls in the Bronx - Pierce the Veil

I started listening to PTV after I went to the show my boyfriend was in and they performed this song. The middle-eastern breakdown guitar solo thing was really the only standout part of the song to me at the time, but this band's slowly growing on me.

5. Train in the Distance - Paul Simon

Okay this is a gorgeous, gorgeous song. As one of my fellow SoR's said, it "hits me right in the feels." I'm lucky enough to be playing keys on this one in our upcoming Paul Simon show, and I'm so excited.

4. She Makes Dirty Words Sound Pretty - Pierce the Veil

Again, I'm really not a huge PTV fan (yet), but this song is really nice. It's perfect for when I need a passionate but acoustic music fix (though that's mostly Radiohead for me).

3. Heroes and Villains - The Beach Boys

This is my favorite Beach Boys song. It's just... it's perfect. The harmonies are beautiful, and it's really catchy and just asdhfjkgf
It also made me really happy when Duane told me after we were fangirling over the BB in one of my lessons that he started listening to this one all the time after I mentioned that it was my favorite :)

2. We've Gotta Get Out of This Place - The Animals

I heard this one in Supernatural (wow, big surprise xD) and I guess like besides the fact that it's just catchy and cool, it's my tolerate-my-household song? I've been kind of fed up with life in general these past few weeks and mainly because of what my household is like. But I'm not gonna complain, it's not like I get abused or anything. This song just helps me release my anger and stuff.

1. The Coast - Paul Simon

Ayyyye more Paul Simon!
No but seriously.
THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL AMAZING FANTASTIC GORG SONG. IT'S PERFECT FOR SUMMER AND SO ATMOSPHERIC AHHHHHH
<3
I'm playing bass on this song in our show and I'm so happy, it's beautiful.

Alright so that's it, I'm gonna go study some more now, I'm taking the permit test tomorrow!! Buenos tardes amigos!

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment